Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day 13: Dry Falls and HOME!!!

Well, today was the last day of our trip. YAY! I was definitely ready to go home. In the morning, we woke up many of us who slept outside were sleeping on deflated mattresses. After I looked around, I noticed that there were only a few people, from Band Wagon, who were sleeping on fully inflated mattresses. Smells like a prank to me. Turns out they let the air out of our mattresses and put shaving cream on our vans. It was a harmless prank and I still slept great so I wasn't too upset. After we ate breakfast, we needed to do an inventory on ALL of our gear. We had to turn in our headlamps, backpacks, water pouches, laundry bags, air mattresses, sleeping bags, and tents. Jessica recruited Fransicso, Sheryl and I to take tent inventory, which involved making sure each tent had all the pieces (stakes, rods, covers, footprints, straps, etc). Ugh! That took a while, but it was better than sitting around doing nothing. Jessica announced for us to make sandwiches for lunch. I did NOT want to eat another sandwich, so I didn't make one. Once we finally left, we had to stop in Grand Coulee for gas, and everybody loaded up on snacks. I got a pizza pocket and a bean and cheese burrito. Much better than a sandwich. After our pit stop, we headed to Dry Falls to see exactly how powerful the Missoula Flood was. We investigated the visitor center and watched the short film, and then some of the high school kids were finishing up their blogs. It felt like we were there forever and all I wanted to do was go home. We finally headed home and once we hit Fort Road in Toppenish, I was happy to be home, but a little sad that I would have to say goodbye to people I had created relationships with. Overall, I am so grateful to have had this opportunity, but I am extremely happy to be home and see my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment