Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 3: Horseback Riding, and Museum at Warm Springs

Day 3 was one of my favorite days so far on this trip. To start off our day, we traveled from Warm Springs towards Kah-Nee-Tah resort and we got to ride horses! If you know me at all, then you know I love horseback riding, but I don't have the chance to do it very often. The Heritage Group took the second trip, and while we were waiting for the White Swan group to return, we made a silly video. If you are interested, it has been posted on Jayla's instagram. When it was finally our turn to ride, everybody else was using a stump to get up on their horse, and I just put my foot through the stirrup and hopped on up like a pro. When we started our trial ride, I discovered i had a slow poke horse. Eventually, the guide gave me advice to make my horse, Deschutes, actually trot. I was a little sad the the ride was so short, but I was happy that I got the chance to do it in such a beautiful area.

After our horse ride, we headed towards the Museum at Warm Springs. We toured the museum and later had a lunch cooked by Arelene Stryer. She later told us stores about her past, and a story about a time when she struggled to fight for her life, and that being persevering and humble allowed her to survive.

After our museum tour and talk from Arelene, we made our way towards Deschutes National Forest to set up camp for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment